Dingleburn is a working station. As such, we have different accommodation options depending on the season. Our off-season runs from October to December each year. During this time, all stays are self-hosted.
Our summer season is from January to April. During this time, guests are fully hosted on-site and catered for.
Stay at Dingleburn this season.
Experience and stay in one of New Zealand’s most picturesque and remote high-country sheep & cattle stations.
- Exclusive use of our lodge and accommodations for your group.
- Access to fishing rivers (licence required), lakeshore fishing and Dingleburn’s private walking tracks. Rivers include the Dingle Burn & Hunter River.
- Cost is $1,000 for the first 10 guests, $50 per additional guest after that.
- Self-catered: all towels, duvets/ sleeping bag and food is to be provided by the guests. We provide pillows and a bottom sheet.
- Sleeps up to 18 people. Please enquire with us if you have more in your group.
- Minimum of 2 nights stay.
- Minimum 2 people, maximum 18 people.
- Because of Dingleburn’s remote location, there is no Wi-Fi, TV or cell phone service, so please be aware of this before you arrive.
- There is an airstrip beside the quarters, so you can arrive by helicopter if preferred (this is to be arranged by yourself in the off-season.)
- Off-season stays require you to bring your own bedding, towels, food etc. A gear list will be provided prior to your arrival to ensure you have everything you will (and can) need here at Dingleburn Station.
- Pack a head lamp in the event of a power outage which can happen, although rarely, in drought or heavy rains.
- Sandfly spray just in case.
- The access road to Dingleburn is not for the faint hearted. It’s narrow, dangerous and can be tricky to navigate down. For those reasons, we only allow private transport (by us in our 4WD vehicle) to and from Dingleburn. Additional cost applies. Please enquire with us upon booking to arrange. Pick up and drop off location is Lake Hawea Golf Course.
Off-season: please leave the quarters as you found them. A cleaning fee will apply if you don’t.
- Cancel up to 7 days before your arrival and get a 50% refund.
- Cancel within 7 days of arrival and the reservation is non-refundable.
Sleeps 16 with 6 bedrooms which include:
- 2 split king rooms (single king beds, can convert to a king bed)
- 1 queen room
- 2 bunk rooms (1 bunk room with 1 single bunk and 1 double bunk. The other bunk room has 2 single bunks)
- Reading room with pull out bed
- 2 separate toilets
- 1 shower room with 1 shower
- 1 shower room with 2 showers
If you have more than 18 people total in your group, please enquire with us.